· In the area of physician relations, the Erlanger and Hutcheson team is finalizing efforts to bring leading orthopedic specialists to the Fort Oglethorpe facility, enhancing 24/7 coverage in Hutcheson’s Emergency Department. Continued progress is being made toward gastroenterology and general surgery coverage as well, and Erlanger cardiologist John Hemphill is expected to be seeing patients at Hutcheson this month.
· As new efforts are targeted toward development of strong emergency care, Scott Radeker, director of regional operations at Erlanger, has been named as the onsite coordinator of emergency services at Hutcheson. He will be working with the community’s emergency management representatives to determine how Hutcheson can better serve in this capacity. He will also assist in developing ways the hospital’s emergency department can build stronger relationships and strengthen the level of emergency care to the area.
· Promoting awareness within the community about heart disease, Debbie Reeves, Erlanger administrator at Hutcheson and her husband Ed will serve as co-chairs for the 2012 American Heart Association’s Heart Ball. In addition, the Hutcheson Health Foundation will serve as one of the presenting sponsors for the annual event.
· Hutcheson has also committed to being a sponsor of the 2011 Cannonball Charge Triathlon scheduled for July 31. This event, held in the Fort Oglethorpe area, promotes healthy lifestyles and fitness among area residents, a key initiative of the community hospital.
· Hutcheson is anticipating its tri-annual Joint Commission survey in the coming weeks demonstrating a commitment to maintaining high quality and best practice standards with the agency. Preparations for the arrival of Joint Commission surveyors are underway as part of the hospital’s continuing effort to provide educational and informational training to the workforce and medical staff.
· During a strategic planning committee meeting held at Hutcheson July 6, Erlanger’s management team committed to Hutcheson’s Board of Trustees ongoing progress reports to north Georgia media outlets, providing updates to the community about collaborative efforts between Erlanger and Hutcheson.